South Africa Visit Visa Requirements
From it’s beautiful hills and mountains to its serene beaches with pristine white sands and preserved culture and tradition, South Africa has thrived and grown into a popular tourist destination. The purpose of this article or post is to provide a guide to every reader in getting needed assistance, requirements, forms, fees, access to consultants and so much more towards their South African Visa.
Always apply for your South African visitor visa at least four weeks before you travel to allow for ample processing time
Category of visa
This post covers the basic Requirements needed to process
Visitors Visa – The visitors’ visa is primarily used for visiting family or vacationing for a short period of time. It is valid for temporary stays of up to 90 days.
Long Stay Visitor Visa – Best suited for foreign nationals to stay in South Africa for a period between 3 months and 3 years.
This section contains a list of all requirements needed to successfully process a South African visa application:
- A valid passport (validity of at least 30 days after the intended stay).
- Two identical passport size (45x45mm) photographs on white background showing your complete face.
- Application Form (BI84), fully completed in black ink only.
- Copy of passport data page as well as copies of existing visa and previously issued visas.
- Self-introduction letter with a physical address and phone number.
- Introduction/Recommendation letter from an employer, where applicable, signed with contact details.
- Verifiable hotel reservation/bookings – must be done directly with the hotels and not through third parties.
- Copy of international vaccination card (yellow fever card), fully completed by a health practitioner.
- Proof of financial status (six months recent bank statements) or financial support letter from employer with six months bank statements in a case where the employer is sponsoring the trip.
- Birth certificate for minors/children travelling with parents.
- Marriage certificate where applicable and if the intended stay will be for more than 90 days.
- Flight booking.
- Non-refundable visa fee of ₦8,600, excluding service fee.
- See the full checklist to ensure you have all the required documents.
Documents required for a business visa can be viewed Here.
Important sections of Self Service Document to be Uploaded before Biometrics appointment Day
- Find all documents under each category.
- Scan all documents under each category.
- Email all documents under each category to us.
Application fees to UK embassy:
Short term Visa fee: ₦8,600
Long term (Business) Visa fee: ₦30,600
Applicants are to pay in cash at Bank Implant inside VFS Centre. Be sure to have a copy of the first page of your passport when paying the service and visa fee at the bank.
A South African visa can take a minimum of six working days. The time may vary as each application has to undergo an individual assessment.
You can collect your visa at the respective VFS Global Centre. The visa application centre is open from Monday to Friday, except on public holidays and over weekends. Bring along the receipt which you received on the day you submitted your application. You will be notified via SMS when your application has been sent to the South African Embassy on the submission day. You can track your South African visa application online.
Stay updated with the courier service fees on the VFS website.
The South African visa fee is subject to change without notice. It is based on the current exchange rate.
Biometrics collection/submission addresses
VFS Application Centre, Lagos:
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Opposite Treasure Garden Estate
Third Roundabout, Lekki Phase I, Lagos
Office hours: Monday to Friday: 08:00 – 15:00
VFS Application Centre, Port-Harcourt:
Vineyard Shopping Centre, 88 Woji Road, GRA, Port Harcourt
Office hours: Monday to Friday: 08:00 – 15:00
VFS Application Centre, Abuja:
No. 38, Lobito Crescent, Wuse 2, Abuja
Opening Hour: Monday to Friday – 08:00 – 15:00
How to apply
Step 1: Fill all forms Online or Offline.
Step 2: Pay application fees.
Step 3: Select Biometrics Appointment Date.
Step 4: Upload All Support Documents
Step 5: Print out all submission documents.
Step 6: Visit TLS Centre for Submission.
Download your Visa application form here - fill it and scan it to our email for consultation purposes.
Consultation - Be Sure of your Visa approval chances!
Contact our Visa experts on 08100070067 or send us a mail at email@example.com.
Get Expert advice from our Visa consultants. Yes! You can DIY but with guidance from our visa experts. Below are the benefits of our consultation services.
- Bank Account Audit and Reporting: We will audit your application statement of account to know it will be suitable for the kind of application being made.
- Letters of Support: We will check your letters and advise on how you should rewrite them to be better suited to your application.
- Complete Consultation/Advisory services: We will ask all relevant questions regarding your application and advice on the best approach.
- Save Money and Time: Avoid waste of valuable resources on visa applications that lack the merit required to get the visa granted. We scrutinize all applications based on years of experience and make sure every penny spent on a visa yields the desired outcome.
- Huge Convenience: We make your life simple by providing you with all the information you need in a specific way to your unique application.
- Expertise: We have treated many applications over the years and we have a better understanding of what entry clearance officers want.
- Transparency: We provide clear processes and application details that help build reliable travel history for all clients, no forms or contents are hidden.
- Privacy: All applications are done confidentially as vital documents relating to finance and social life are kept private.
Consultation Fee Per Applicant: N15,000 Only per Session.
Pay For A-Z Processing. #150,000 Per Applicant