USA Visit Visa Requirements
A lot of people would like to visit the US for business, tourism or simply to spend time with family, the purpose of this article or post is to provide a guide to every reader in getting needed assistance, requirements, forms, fees, access to consultants and so much more towards their UK visa.
Category of visa
This post covers the basic Requirements needed to process most or all types of visit visas to USA, this includes but is not limited to, family visitor, business visitor, tourism visitor, medical visitor, Child visitor, sports visitor, Entertainer Visitor and other types of visitor Visa applications
This section contains a list of all requirements needed to successfully process a USA visa application:
- An online nonimmigrant DS-160 application form. You can file the form DS-160 here.
- Your valid passport. It must be valid for at least six months beyond your planned stay in the United States. However, there are some countries that are exempt from this requirement only needing a passport that is valid during their period of stay in the United States. Your passport must have at least one blank page to be able to affix visa.
- One photograph. One (1) 2″x2″ (5cmx5cm) photograph. Upload the photo while you apply online through the DS-160 form. If the upload fails, you can submit the photo on the appointment day. However, we advise you that, even if you upload the photo online, to still bring it with you in case you need it during the interview.
- Receipt proving payment of $160 for a nonimmigrant US visa application. Differently from the European visa policy where you pay the fee at on the appointment day, for a US visa you need to pay the fee in order to be able to schedule an interview. Keep in mind that the US visa fee is non-refundable if you decide to cancel your appointment or if your visa application is rejected.
- Social media details. A list of the social media that you use, and the name
of your account in each, phone number, email and social media history of the five previous years.
Every document not written in either English or the official language of the country in which the interview will take place must be translated. Translations must be certified by a competent translator.
If you are applying for a US nonimmigrant visa you should complete the online application form DS-160. You can fill the DS-160 form online via the Consular Electronic Application Center.
Aside from the main documents, there are others you will have to submit in order to support the answers you have given in your application form, such as:
Previous USA visas
If you have visited the US before with an older passport, then you should take it with you on the day of the interview at the embassy or consulate. The US authorities require previously held visas are able to prove that you have entered the country before.
An invitation letter for US visa is a letter written by a United States citizen or legal resident, confirming that they are willing to admit an international with whom they have family ties or friendship, and also that they have enough room for the visitor for the entire period of their stay in the US.
The travel itinerary is a travel plan that shows what you are planning to do while you are in the US. It includes documents as a purchased flight reservation that shows your planned date of entry and exit in the US. If applicable, it can also show inner flight reservations.
Also, you will have to submit some proof of accommodation. It should show where you are planning to stay in the US (hotel, a rented house, a friend’s or relative’s house, etc.). However, it can just show that you have enough financial means to book a hotel once in the US.
If you are planning to come to the United States sponsored by another person who is a US resident then you will have to show proof of that. The sponsor must submit these documents:
- Letter for Affidavit – which is a letter that confirms the sponsor is capable of financially supporting you during your whole stay
- Employment Letter – that shows the sponsor is employed and shows the salary he is paid.
- Payslips – three to four recent payslips
- Bank Letter – that shows the days when the account was opened, the total amount of money deposited during the past year and the present balance.
If you have a property in your home country or somewhere else you should show proof for that. Having property is a huge plus if you are applying for a nonimmigrant visa since that shows you have stronger ties with your home country and you do not intend to remain in the US. If you do, bring proof on the appointment day as:
- Original ownership papers
- Photographs of that property
- Personal affidavit regarding the property
Employment / Professional Documents
- Bring a letter from an employer that gives details of your position, salary, length of employment, the period of authorized vacation and purpose of the trip to the US – If employed.
- Pension book – If retired.
- Company registration certificate and income details – If self-employed.
Anything like: Birth certificate, marriage certificate, close family photographs, adoption certificate (if you are adopted or have adopted a child), divorce certificate, spouse’s death certificate, etc.
Additional requirements for medical visitors:
Letter from a physician
You are required to schedule a medical appointment with an authorized physician in the country where you will be interviewed. You must complete your medical examination with an embassy-approved doctor. Exams conducted by other physicians will not be accepted.
Important sections of Self Service Document to be Uploaded before Biometrics appointment Day
- Find all documents under each category.
- Scan all documents under each category.
- Email all documents under each category to us.
Needed document types
Residency: This is country residency document, if you are not applying in your country of nationality
Employment evidence: this might include a work certificate, letter or contract, for further information please check the User guide for supporting documentation.
Financial evidence: this might include a bank statement, savings certificate or payslips, for further information please check the User guide for supporting documentation
Sponsor evidence: this might include your sponsor’s passport and residency or an invitation letter, for further information please check the User guide for supporting documentation
Studies evidence: this might include your offer letter, for further information please check the User guide for supporting documentation
Family evidence: this might include birth and marriage certificates, for further information please check the User guide for supporting documentation
Accommodation: temporary or permanent this might include a rental or house, mortgage statement or house deed, for further information please check the User guide for supporting documentation
Travel and residency documents: we always recommend that you do not book and pay for travel and accommodation until the outcome of your visa is known
Other evidence: Any other valuable information.
It should end with a Link to download the visa application form. A sub section should contain the requirements for minors.
Application fees to US embassy:
- 6 Months – 137USD
- 2 Years – 521USD
- 5 Years – 945USD
- 10 Years – 1186USD
Average processing time for new applications is 3 weeks, however, persons who are reapplying for expired visas can get their visas approved in 10days of less. There are also priority application which helps to fastback visa processing time up to 24hours.
Biometrics collection/submission addresses
TLS Collection Centre in Victoria Island Lagos:
UK Visa Application Centre, 4, Ground Floor, Ivie House, 6 Ajose Adeogun St, Victoria Island 101241, Lagos.
Office hours: Monday to Friday – 8.00 a.m to 3.00 p.m
TLS Collection Centre in Abuja Lagos:
Uk Visas Application Centre, Third Floor, EL-Yakub Building Beside Metro Plaza PLot 1129, Zakaria Maimalari Street, Central Business District, Abuja.
Opening Hour: Monday To Friday – 8:30 to 3:30 pm
How to apply
Step 1: Fill all forms Online or Offline.
Step 2: Pay application fees.
Step 3: Select Biometrics Appointment Date.
Step 4: Upload All Support Documents
Step 5: Print out all submission documents.
Step 6: Visit TLS Centre for Submission.
Download your Visa application form here - fill it and scan it to our email for consultation purposes.
Consultation - Be Sure of your Visa approval chances!
Contact our Visa experts on 08100070067 or send us a mail at email@example.com.
Get Expert advice from our Visa consultants. Yes! You can DIY but with guidance from our visa experts. Below are the benefits of our consultation services.
- Bank Account Audit and Reporting: We will audit your application statement of account to know it will be suitable for the kind of application being made.
- Letters of Support: We will check your letters and advise on how you should rewrite them to be better suited to your application.
- Complete Consultation/Advisory services: We will ask all relevant questions regarding your application and advice on the best approach.
- Save Money and Time: Avoid waste of valuable resources on visa applications that lack the merit required to get the visa granted. We scrutinize all applications based on years of experience and make sure every penny spent on a visa yields the desired outcome.
- Huge Convenience: We make your life simple by providing you with all the information you need in a specific way to your unique application.
- Expertise: We have treated many applications over the years and we have a better understanding of what entry clearance officers want.
- Transparency: We provide clear processes and application details that help build reliable travel history for all clients, no forms or contents are hidden.
- Privacy: All applications are done confidentially as vital documents relating to finance and social life are kept private.
Consultation Fee Per Applicant: N15,000 Only per Session.
Pay For A-Z Processing. #150,000 Per Applicant