Canada Student Visa Requirements

All international students who want to study in Canada and who need a visitor visa or an eTA to enter Canada must get a student visa and permit. The permit in itself does not allow you to enter Canada, but coupled with a visitor visa or eTA, it gives you permission to start your studies.

To be eligible to apply for a Canada Student visa and permit you must fulfill the following conditions:

  • Have a valid acceptance letter from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) with this information:
    • An official letterhead of the school.
    • The program and degree you will obtain.
    • The amount of tuition fees you must pay.
    • The start and finishing dates of the program.
  • Be at least 18 years old to apply as the primary student visa applicant and your children who are under 18 years old cannot apply alone. So, if you have a child who wants to attend primary or secondary school, you must apply on their behalf.
  • Have a clean criminal history and submit court documents to prove it.
  • You must fill and sign a Visa Application Center (VAC) Consent Form.
  • You must submit copies of your current immigration status in another country or in Canada.
  • Prove that your stay in Canada is temporary and that you will return to your home country once your studies are over.

When you complete the forms, you will also have to submit the following supporting documents:

  • Your passport scan to prove that it is valid.
  • Your travel history, meaning your whole passport scanned to also prove that you have blank pages in it.
  • Letters from the court and police in your country to prove you have a clean criminal record;
  • A Declaration Letter from you to the Government of Canada where you explain why they should give you a visa and study permit.
  • Two photos that meet the Canada Photo Requirements.
  • Medical examinations.
  • Your employment or education status through a resume or diplomas.
  • Proof that you can cover the expenses of studying in Canada (tuition and living costs) through one of the following:
  • You must have bank statements for at least the past 4 months.
  • You must have proof that you have already paid your tuition and housing fees or made deposit.
  • You must have a letter from a person or institution giving you money or providing sponsorship for your travel.
  • You must have proof that you have a scholarship where a scholarship has been provided
  • If you are going to study in Quebec, then you will also need to submit a Certificat d’acceptation du Quebec (CAQ) which is issued by the Quebec government.
  • You will get the instructions from your school on how to apply for a CAQ.
  • You must submit a letter of explanation saying why you want to study in Canada and guaranteeing that you accept and understand your responsibilities as a student in Canada.
  • If a minor is going to Canada to study and need a custodian that is not a parent of the minor, then you also need to submit a Custodian Declaration Form which states who the custodian of the child is and must be signed by the parents or legal guardians of the child.
  • If you are applying for the first time, then a document number on the study permit that is called a Unique Client Identifier (UCI) is not required for you. If you have applied for a study permit before, you are required to write your study permit document number which you can find in any letters that have been sent to you by the Canadian Government.

If your family members (spouse or common law partner and minor children) are also accompanying you, you must also have the application forms ready for them and apply together as a family.

All the documents must be translated into English or French and you must have certifications and proof that the translation is correct. Once you submit all the documents, you can then proceed to submit the application and pay the fees.

What clients are saying about Flydestinations[insta-gallery id=”2″]

Picture of Omodara


Leave a Replay

[contact-form-7 id="7055" title="Contact form 1"]
Readers Also Viewed
Clients Testimonials


Schedule a free Consultation today.

[startbooking flow="single-service" service="9ZxooLbvz" details="true"]